COVID19 Update March 31
In The News
As I write this there are now 859,556 total cases in the world, that is known about. Also 42,332 deaths and, on the positive, 178,300 recoveries. Every time I look at the US numbers they appear to shoot up, maybe this is because they are finally ramping up their testing: 180,510 cases, 4,076 deaths and 7,109 recoverings. The UK appears to be the only country in the Top Ten that how a less recoveries than deaths: 25,481 cases, 1,793 deaths and 179 recoveries.
- BC is not as hard hit as most places, but as I said before 1 person severely ill or 1 person dying is too much.
- As expected, health officials are saying there is no chance of lifting social distancing before May.
- 19 long term Care Homes seem to be affected by the virus, which is very troubling
- BC hasn’t really seen the peak of infections as yet
- There are 4,171 bed available in BC, as elective surgeries have been cancelled, which is good, assuming that number isn’t breached.
|28 Mar 20||31 Mar 20|
|New Cases Today||92||43|
Monday we went to the supermarket, they were empty some items but picked up what we wanted more or less. We are doing ok. Neighbours have had some issues picking up eggs.
We had a neighbour who was on a cruise where many passengers caught COVID19. He continued to have respiratory symptoms after the virus left his system and unfortunately died from them. His wife and children are finally able to bring his body back to Canada. When they arrive home they will be quarantined in their home. What a traumatic experience.
I am coming up to doing my end of month reporting so I will be busy over the next couple of days.
Monday was wet, today has been fairly decent. We don’t go outside of our gated community, just walk around to get the blood circulating. We notice senior neighbours will get together and drink wine in the afternoon, outside their houses. They keep their distance from each other, most of the time, I don’t think I want to take the risk.
I should get into the flow of trying achieve more. I do feel the business world is on hold right now but I guess I could get into the flow of my rebranding myself.