Twix Caramel Centre Review
This is a review of Twix Caramel Centre biscuits I picked up at the local British store here in Vancouver.
My go-to chocolate bar from the supermarket or newsagent would always be a Twix. It started when I was 5 years old when my parents would take me swimming, I refused to get in the water unless they promised me a Twix afterwards. I don’t really eat them much anymore, just once or twice a year, but did pick the biscuits up as I thought they would be interesting to try. This is the first time I’ve seen or heard of them.
Actually, it’s quite difficult to find out any information about these biscuits. Mars, who owns the Twix brand, doesn’t have any information about them, or many other products, on their corporate website. Burtons Biscuits, whose name is on the packaging too, doesn’t have any information on them either, but there is a similar Mars Bar related product on their website.
I checked on Tesco and Sainsbury supermarket online stores and they don’t have the Twix product listed either. It’s quite mysterious because when I search online most British stores in Canada and the USA are selling them. Maybe they were limited edition, did their rounds in the UK, weren’t popular and decided to sell them at discount globally. Just a guess.
I can’t remember how much these cost me here, about $4.00 I think.
So, here is a quick rundown of what I thought of them:
- You get 8 biscuits in a packet which isn’t a lot for the money, but I don’t know how much they were in the UK so it could be reasonable at that cost.
- They didn’t smell very pleasant.
- They didn’t taste like Twix chocolate bars at all.
- The biscuit on the outside was nice and crunchy.
- There is a gooey caramel centre, I couldn’t taste it as the outside biscuit was too overpowering.
- It wasn’t overly sweet which was great for me.
- The biscuits had less of a caramel centre than advertised on the packet.
- It left an aftertaste in my mouth which was unpleasant. A couple of hours later I am still shuddering from the aftertaste.
- I could only eat one biscuit and I threw the rest away.
So, I wasn’t impressed. At least they weren’t that expensive.
I really didn’t like them so my rating is 1 out of 5. I wouldn’t buy them again. Sorry Twix makers, keep trying different things though.