Another week comes to an end in this new world we are currently live in, a week in which we see some semblance of normality return to China but a drastic unprecedented escalation, of the virus, in other parts of the world.
In The News
- The border between US and Canada will be closing at midnight tonight (March 20th). It looks as though Canada will not be accepting any asylum seekers via the US either, they will send them back
- The latest data from British Columbia: 348 cases province-wide, 22 in hospital, 10 ICU, No new deaths thankfully
- Yet another care home in the region has confirmed a COVID19 case, it’s troubling how many there are now.
- Canada Post says they are still delivering mail although we haven’t had much in the past few days at all. [News1130]
- BC Health advise all restaurants must move to a take out/delivery model
- Boris Johnson says he is confident the country will be virus free in 12 weeks, it seems scientists are a little troubled about his statement.
- Trump continues talking nonsense which has the majority of Americans quite concerned. The number of case of the virus in the US appear to be changing hourly.
Usual schedule, nothing out of the ordinary.
- We were saddened to hear the passing of a neighbour. They were on a cruise ship where many passengers caught the virus and were being looked after in Japan. The husband of the couple was 2 weeks clear of the virus but had developed severe respiratory issues which eventually killed him.
- I had some health issue myself on Friday, nothing related to COVID19, which was a bit of a nuisance. I think I am ok now but obviously wasn’t going to report to a doctor given what else is happening right now.
- I managed to shave my own hair with the help of the hubby who do the back of my head. It actually turned out ok, I was quite surprised. Maybe I won’t need to go to the hair dressers again if I can keep this up.
- The weather over the past couple of days have been beautiful, although we can’t go far it’s been very nice to walk around the complex inside our gated community.
- I’ve started to reduce the amount of news media I consume and watching “official” channels like CPAC for video feeds of government news conferences so I can avoid journalists who editorialize too much. I must stop watching Trump.