Another week starts with even more escalation in the Coronavirus outbreak.
In The News
In British Columbia
- 48 new cases since Saturday, not bad considering previous days were in their 70s.
- There is now a total of 472 caes
- 13 people have sadly passed away
- 33 have been admited to hospital, 14 of the those are in ICU. I understand hospitals are overwhelmed already because many are going there with Coronavirus type symptoms but it seems a small percentage actually have the virus.
- 100 have recovered
- BC is now able to conduct 3,000 tests per day
- Trudeau will meet with Provincial leadership today to go through options which might include greater enforncement of the stay at home recommendation.
- Ontario have closed all non-essential businesses.
- There are now 2,088 cases in Canada with 25 deaths, most of them in BC.
- Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of the UK, has announced a lockdown. Only businesses that are allowed to open are supermarkets, pharmacies and so on. I believe many were not paying attention to the “stay at home” recommendation and congregating in 50+ crowds outside supermarkets so the PM was more or less forced to do this. The Labour Party has given it’s thumbs up to this development
- The US does appear to be in a mess with a distinct lack of leadership and I’m not sure what is going on there. Number of cases is unclear due to lack of testing but from what we know they are in the region of 46,400.